AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The Civil Services Officers' Institute is a registered body and has been set up to provide welfare, recreational and entertainment activities/services to the officers of the All India Services and the Central Government and their families.
2. Eligibility :
(i) All serving and retired officers of the grade of Deputy Secretary and above to the Government of India from All India Services.
(ii) Group “A” officers of equivalent status under the Central Government.
Grant of Membership
3. Membership of the Institute will be granted to eligible officers in accordance with the priority as per the waiting list notified by CSOI. However, officers of the rank of Secretary to the Government of India and their equivalents in the Central Government and ex-officio Members of the Governing Council and Executive Committee may be granted out-of-turn membership.
3.1 Transfer of Membership
On demise of a member, the working committee may, upon a request received from the spouse in this regard within 3 months of the death of the member, transfer the membership in the name of the spouse of the deceased member. Such membership will be valid till the spouse he/she remarries/death, whichever is earlier, and will not carry voting rights. If the spouse of the deceased member is independently eligible to be a member of CSOI, he/she will have voting rights as well.
3.2 Tenure membership can be granted to the officers of all India services/Group ‘A’ category of Central Services in the rank of Additional Secretaries , Joint Secretaries and Directors and its equivalents to the Government of India working in Delhi on Central deputation under Central Staffing Scheme with a cap of 500. They will have to pay normal subscription charges but will not enjoy voting rights.
Eligibility of Children as
4. A son or daughter of a member is treated as dependant member till he/she is married or attains the age of 21 years whichever is earlier.
5. All spouses and eligible dependent children above the age of 16 years will be issued spouse/dependant card by the Institute. This card shall be produced, whenever requested by the Institute staff. Management reserves the right to refuse entry without production of spouse/dependant card. After demise of the member, the spouse may seek membership with a request letter attached with the death certificate.
Working Days and Timings
6. The Institute will remain open on all days of the week except Tuesday, National Holidays and Diwali, Holi, Dussehra, Janamasthami and Shivratri.
7. There is a Working Committee to manage the day to day affairs of the Institute. The Working Committee shall exercise the powers as delegated by the Executive Committee. The composition of the Working Committee shall be as determined by the Executive Committee.
8. The Working Committee may constitute sub-committees for different activities. The Sub Committees shall exercise powers and functions assigned to them by the Working Committee and submit a monthly report to the Working Committee on its activities.
(a) Food & Beverage
(b) Events & Amenities
(c) Finance Sub-Committee
(d) Library Sub-Committee
9. The rates of annual subscription will be as decided by the Executive Committee from time to time. The current rates of subscription w.e.f FY 2012-2013 are as under:-
- Rs. 4500/- plus taxes.
Serving officers/retired members posted/residing in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Hindon, Ghaziabad and regions of the National Capital Territory and other Members whose families reside in these locations even if the Member is posted outside.
(b) Outstation Members
- Rs. 2250/- plus taxes.
Serving/residing with family in areas other than Delhi and National Capital Region (NCR).
Members may opt for one time subscription according to their age bracket as follows:
S. No. Age Group Approved
1. Upto 45 Rs. 1,02,000/-
2. 45-50 Rs. 94,000/-
3. 50-55 Rs. 84,000/-
4. 55-60 Rs. 74,000/-
5. 60-65 Rs. 62,000/-
6. 65-70 Rs. 48,000/-
7. 70-75 Rs. 32,000/-
8. 75-80 Rs. 12,500/-
Note : Plus S.Tax as applicable
At the time of grant of membership, members shall pay admission fee amounting to Rs. 20,000/- along with a refundable security deposit of Rs.5, 000/-. Members shall pay their annual subscription before March 31 for the ensuing financial year commencing on April 1. In case of default of payment by March 31, every member shall be required to pay a late fee @ Rs. 50/- per month from April 01 to June 30 and @ Rs. 100/- per month from July 1 to September 30. If the subscription alongwith late fees are not received by September 30, the membership of the CSOI will automatically terminate. An appeal against the order of termination may be allowed to be preferred to the Executive Committee. In case of recurrences, membership shall not be revived except through a fresh application of membership, which would be considered in its turn below the last waitlisted applicant. The Executive Committee may condone the default once. A terminated membership shall not be revived under any circumstances. Such persons may, however, apply for fresh membership as per rules/bye laws.
Termination of Membership
10. Membership may be terminated by the Working Committee for any of the following reasons:-
For violation of code of conduct, nonpayment of annual subscription , conviction for a crime by a court, being of unsound mind, declaration as an insolvent by a court, breach of rules/bye-laws of the Institute or any act likely to adversely affect the reputation of the Institute.
11. Members are entitled to bring up to a maximum of four guests on all working days in CSOI.
12. Dependants are allowed to bring their guests during weekdays from 12 noon to 6 p.m. only.
13. A member bringing guests to the Institute shall ensure that particulars of the guests are entered in the Guest Register kept at the Reception counter. Similarly, members will sign for the guests and the charges for guests shall be Rs. 25/- (twenty five) per guest per day.
14. Every guest shall be accompanied by the member/spouse/dependent Member (card holder) as the case may be.
15. The members bringing guests to the Institute shall ensure that their guests observe the Rules and Regulations of CSOI.
16. No liquor on corkage is permitted in the parties. The liquor will be made available by the CSOI.
17. Members will ensure that proper decorum with regard to wearing dress in the Institute is always maintained. Shorts, sports wear and bathroom slippers will not be allowed except in the designated areas.
Parking of Vehicles
18. Members will park cars/scooters in the proper areas specified for the purpose. Members will invariably obtain the car parking tokens from the security guards at the entrance gates at the time of entry to the Institute and surrender the same to them when taking their vehicles out of the Institute. No vehicle will be allowed to leave the Institute unless the car parking tokens are surrendered. Members losing their tokens will be liable to pay Rs. 10/- towards the cost thereof and permitted to take the vehicles only with the permission of the Manager on duty. Members will ensure that CSOI car stickers are displayed prominently on the windscreens. Members or their guests are not allowed to park their vehicles over night without prior permission from the General Manager.
19. As only a limited number of security guards are deployed in the Institute premises and no parking fee is levied on Members/Visitors, the Institute shall not be held responsible for loss of any vehicles or any belongings/fitments either kept inside or fitted in the vehicle.
20. Members, their guests and dependants shall maintain a courteous behaviour towards the Institute staff. In the event of any grievance or complaint about the staff of the Institute, it can be brought to the notice of the Manager on duty on the same working day or entered in the suggestion/complaint book.
Supply of Plants,
Seedlings & Saplings
21. Gardeners are not allowed to supply plants or flowers to any member without prior payment in the Institute office. The charges for plants, flowers, etc. when available for sale to members, will be as promulgated from time to time on the Notice Board. Members must obtain a proper receipt from the Institute office for payment made.
22. Full value will be charged for all breakages of the Institute property by Members, their guests and dependents. Further, any willful damage/breakage shall also entail appropriate disciplinary action including termination of Membership.
Suggestions and Complaints
23. Suggestions and complaints, if any, may be entered in the respective suggestions/complaints books kept for this purpose at the Reception.
24. The suggestions/complaints of members will be examined by the Working Committee/Sub-Committee concerned and disposed of accordingly. If a member feels that his suggestion/complaint has not been adequately redressed, he may refer the matter in writing to the General Manager directly.
Magazines and Newspapers
25. Magazines and Newspapers shall not be taken away or mutilated by members, their guests and dependants. A penalty may be charged for any violation of this provision.
Articles of the Institute
26. Properties of the Institute such as furniture, Cutlery, Crockery, or other equipment shall not be issued to any member or to any organisation outside the Institute premises. However, the Institute may allow sale of mementos and souvenirs of the CSOI to members at the rates approved.
27. Dogs/pets shall not be allowed in any part of the Institute premises. For violation of this Bye-Law, the owner of the dog/pet may be charged Rs. 100/- for each violation, in addition to disciplinary action as deemed fit.
28. Notices pertaining to the Institute activities and general information will be displayed on the Notice Board and the website of the Institute.
Payment of Bills
29. No payment shall be made to any person other than the Receptionist or the Accounts Section of the Institute. Official receipt shall invariably be obtained for every payment made.
Use of Cell Phones within the Institute Premises
30. Cell phones are not permitted to be used in the Bar, Restaurants, Cards Room, Billiards Room and Library, or any other designated areas.
No Smoking Areas
31. CSOI building is a ‘No Smoking’ area.
Partaking of Drinks/Eatables
32. Members shall ensure that they partake drinks and eatables only in the designated areas. Drinks/eatables are not allowed in the Institute lobby/reception area.
33. Members are not allowed to carry their drinks and glasses outside the main building.
Authority to Frame Rules for
34. Sub-Committees in charge of various activities shall propose rules for the proper execution of their activities, which shall come into force only after approval by the Working Committee.
35. Any violation of the rules by the Members shall be construed as misconduct.
36. The Accounts office of the CSOI shall keep a close watch on income and expenditure. The Annual Accounts shall be prepared and will be submitted to the Auditor appointed by the Executive Committee for Audit and Report. Adequate checks and Internal Audit shall also be undertaken as required.